C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Thu, 5 Jun 2008 11:44:39 -0400
I am so glad to hear someone wants to open a day care for special needs kids... here is SC I could not find a daycare that would take my child so I had to have help from family while I
worked.

I hope your dream comes true.
I think you have the most important thing already... all these kids are different
and work a different paces.
Always remember that.... plus you do not always have to buy special need things to work with them.
Sometimes just a little thinking can turn a 'normal' thing into something a special kids can do.

Like we use luggage strap belts as seatbelts in chairs for my little girl... I know it won't
work for all but my child just needs a 'little' help.
Like for therphy balls... you dont have to buy a $300 ball you can use a big ball from the local
store that cost $5.
Lots of special needs kids like to finger paint or work with playdoe.  And bubbles...
And lots seem to love to make music... shaker, and triangles.

Just keep up the dream.
Krisitna