From:
Steve Dresser <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 8 Jun 2009 19:48:21 -0400
John,

I've never understood why someone will sit there "testing" like that into an
antenna.  I might be able to see it if they were trying to figure out
something about the antenna's performance, but they usually seem to be
testing something else, like transmitter output or audio, all of which is
better done through a dummy load.  Maybe they should just hook themselves up
to the transmitter and become the dummy load.

Steve