From:
John Miller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 5 Jan 2009 12:47:06 -0500
My old w2ihy box no, but I sold that because of financial problems and
bought another one couple years later, about a year ago in fact, that had RF
problems bad but come to find out after I sent it back, there was a bad
solder joint or something, but he sent me another one and the only place I
had any problem was on 10 meters with my 10 meter antenna, the old antron 99
and a couple ferrite beads on the mic cable fixed that right up. My
rigblaster plus caused some, but I got the 6 foot mic cable which is
actually shielded, not an Ethernet cable but to put a mic plug on it, like
their 3 foot one, and I added something to that even, an adapter I had for a
long time with chokes in it and that fixed that. So, the w2ihy box didn't
cause any RFI, just the rigblaster and that didn't take long to fix. When I
had the MC-60A hooked up through the W2IHY box, that caused problems but
they're known for that on newer radios with nothing in line so I just don't
use that mic unless I really have to, like the power goes out and I have no
audio because of the rigblaster and W2IHY box having no power. I run a
broadcast mic normally though with no problems, and have run the MC-80
through the W2IHY box and even back when, had an Icom SM-8 hooked up to my
706 through it with no RFI at all. the radio I can put on battery power, I
haven't setup the other 2 boxes for that yet because I didn't even think
about it until a couple weeks ago when we lost power.