From:
Vanessa Maltin <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Vanessa Maltin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 19 Feb 2009 10:12:24 -0500

Hi All,

I'm working on a chronic disease project for Health Care for America Now to
spotlight how people with chronic conditions like celiac disease often have
trouble accessing all of the resources they need. For example, Did your
insurance company deny coverage of a celiac blood test or endoscopy? Have
you gone to the pharmacy to pick up a prescription medication only to find
out that it isn't covered and going to cost you a fortune? Would you like to
see a dietitian for nutritional counseling but your insurance won't cover it
and it is too expensive to pay for out of pocket?

Or....are you a medical professional and have a story to tell about your
patients having trouble paying for care because of insurance issues?

If you answered yes to any of these questions, I need your help! As part of
the national health care reform team, I'm looking to show lawmakers and the
media how patients with chronic conditions are in desperate need of changes
to the health care system to help them better manage their health on a daily
basis.

So, if you have a story, please share it. Your story will put an incredible
human face on this very complex public policy issue and truly help America
move towards a health care system that works around the clock for people
with chronic diseases. If you're willing to share your story, please
download the Share Your Story form by clicking the link below. Then email
your responses to me at [log in to unmask]

http://www.beyondricecakes.com/files/share-your-story-template-word.doc

Thank you so much in advance!

Best,
Vanessa