Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Mon, 8 Jun 2009 20:33:29 -0400
Subject:
From:
Talia Master <[log in to unmask]>
Comments:
RFC822 error: <W> MESSAGE-ID field duplicated. Last occurrence was retained.

Below is a summary of the responses I received about my upcoming trip
to Spain.  Many people mentioned the El Corte Ingles department
stores and the www.celiacosmadrid.org website.

thanks again for all the helpful suggestions!

Go to http://www.celiacosmadrid.org/actualidad_19.html and go to the
section labeled "EATING IN RESTAURANTS."  There is a link there for
an excellent restaurant card, and there is another link for a list of
restaurants by area.  When I went to Spain in April 2007, I used only
the card, not the list since I never knew where I would be at any
particular time, and most of the time, we were in small towns.
I also shopped at El Corte Ingles department stores.  They have
grocery sections, and it was there that I would pick up GF baked
goods.  They had a very nice variety of GF foods. Although the
employees I encountered did not speak English, I was able to find an
entire department devoted to specialty foods.  I thought I'd gone to
heaven when I found a whole floor to ceiling display of gluten free
goodies.
The guide Specialgourmets (http://www.specialgourmets.com/) has over
1000 GF places in Spain. My husband is Spanish (I have actually just
arrived in Spain to spend a month here) and I've never had problems
in this country. If you want to browse the directory of Spanish
cities (with GF options), you can go to: http://
www.specialgourmets.com/index/cities-list/country/Spain
If you feel more comfortable showing the waitstaff a card, here is
the text in Spanish (just in case you don't speak it):
http://www.celiacosmadrid.org/dieta_sin_gluten_viajes_6.html
In many places, I found that people were familiar with gluten. For
Barcelona, the Madrid group lists the following restaurants:
http://www.celiacosmadrid.org/direcciones_rest_catalu%C3%B1a.html
It is easy to be Celiac in Spain!
Put this in the Google search bar: espana celiacos
Just watch out for malt vinegar - vinagre de malta. I didn't know
that they used it in Barcelona. Fortunately, it was not on my food.

Also, many of the restaurants know about gluten free (no glutino).
But I recommnd you take along a Spanish language card.  Since I speak
some Spanish I did not need it.

*******
*******