C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Virginia Perry <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 15 Mar 2009 20:32:15 -0600
I'm glad you're looking into local sporting groups. My ten-year-old gets to play on a special needs t-ball team each June. He loves it. Although my son walks with leg braces (AFOs), some of the kids in the special needs t-ball league were in wheelchairs.  Also, our local ski resort (Kelly Canyon) has certain days/times for special needs skiing (this includes wheelchair skiing). A week ago, I got a flyer on a special needs soccer team (usyouthsoccer.org). An independent PT/OT office that specializes in kids often has lot of info about this kind of stuff locally.

Virginia in Idaho

> Date: Sun, 15 Mar 2009 15:09:15 -0400
> From: [log in to unmask]
> Subject: Hello
> To: [log in to unmask]
>
> Hi my name is Jennifer and I have a 5 year old little boy named Johnathan who
> has CP.I am looking for support groups and people who understand what I am
> going through with him.He is im mobile and is now realizing he wants to be like
> the other children and walk and play sports and this is a very tough time for
> both of us.So I have been on the computer most of the day today looking for
> support groups.We live in Maryland.
> Thank You,
> Jennifer

HotmailŪ is up to 70% faster. Now good news travels really fast.