C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
greta von der luft <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 22 Jan 2009 20:09:42 -0500
As a PT who practices clinically and who teaches, there is not much emphasis
placed on massage in the classroom or clinically. In fact the amount of
emphasis in PT school has declined since I graduated back in 1994. I have
seen much manual therapy clinically and the use of different techniques to
increase flexibility before functional tasks are performed. I also agree
that there is not much evidence research wise to support long term affects
of increased flexibility after massage therapy.
Greta