C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Virginia Perry <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 23 Nov 2008 06:45:38 -0700
That's true, especially with the current difficulty in getting capital improvement loans for businesses. Maybe Wal-Mart, who is doing well financially, could take the lead with their parking lots, perhaps adding plug-ins to a row or two when they resurface (which I think happens more frequently up here due to frost heaves). I'm not gonna hold my breath waiting for that one to happen, though.

We could develop a new symbol for parking for electric cars only. And I'm thinking the downtown areas in smaller towns could get "green" grants to retrofit at least one parking area. There's one or two lots in Idaho Falls' downtown that are already run down and could stand to be completely redone.

Of course, it's sort of a Catch-22. Who's going to invest in recharging/parking for electric cars until there are enough electric cars to recoup their investment? And, how many people will purchase electric cars until charging them is more convenient?

Virginia

> Date: Fri, 21 Nov 2008 20:33:16 -0800> From: [log in to unmask]> Subject: Re: Auto bailout> To: [log in to unmask]> > existing places would have to charge a huge price to alter existing parking lots. if you put the in at the beginning, not so much, but once that concrete has been poured; it is major. > > > --- On Fri, 11/21/08, Virginia Perry <[log in to unmask]> wrote:> > > From: Virginia Perry <[log in to unmask]>> > Subject: Re: Auto bailout> > To: [log in to unmask]> > Date: Friday, November 21, 2008, 12:32 AM> > Depends on how far north you are. The Idaho National> > Laboratory uses alternatively-fueled vehicles out at their> > lab on the desert. They have parking lots with plug-ins.> > I've seen a few other places in the far north where> > hotels have outlets for guests to plug in the heaters inside> > cars up here so the guests can start their cars in the> > morning. I think if they could charge a bit extra, parking> > garages and other controlled entry parking areas could> > install outlets for electric cars. If there's money in> > it....
Access your email online and on the go with Windows Live Hotmail.
http://windowslive.com/Explore/Hotmail?ocid=TXT_TAGLM_WL_hotmail_acq_access_112008