VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ray Campbell <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Ray Campbell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 3 Nov 2009 15:53:48 -0600
Hello All:

I'm trying to help someone with a problem he is having in Windows Mail
where he can't delete certain messages from the outbox.  I followed the
instructions at:
http://www.tech-recipes.com/rx/2270/vista_what_to_do_when_you_cannot_del
ete_a_message_in_windows_mail/ to try fixing this problem.  What this
said to do was to go into
users\<account_name\appdata\local\microsoft\windows mail and delete the
WindowsMail.MsMessageStore file.  Then, go into backup, then new, and do
the same thing, delete the WindowsMail.MsMessageStore.

I did this with Windows Mail closed.  Then, tried to re-open Windows
Mail so it could re-build its Message Store.  JAWS said something about
Windows Mail Storage Recovery, then gave an error message that Windows
Mail couldn't find its databases and it wanted me to check the location
of these files.  Since I didn't want to change it, I hit cancel here.

I then got a message that Windows Mail could not be started because
msoe.dll could not be initialized.  I went to the start menu, and in the
search dialog box, I tiped 'msoe.dll' to see if one could be found and
it could not.

So, my question is, what can I do to repair Windows Mail?  I've looked
around and it does not appear there is a good way to uninstall Windows
Mail, so a repair of some kind would be what I think I need to do.  BTW:
I tried a system restore and this did not help.

Thanks,

Ray Campbell, Adaptive Technology Help Desk Technician The Chicago
Lighthouse for People Who Are Blind or Visually Impaired 1850 W.
Roosevelt Road Chicago, IL  60608
312.997.3651 (Voice/Relay) or 888.825.0080 (Voice/Relay)
www.thechicagolighthouse.org

Archived on the World Wide Web at
    Signoff: [log in to unmask]
    Subscribe: [log in to unmask]