From:
Tim Williams <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 9 Sep 2008 15:17:58 +0000
The first step is to re-enable the desktop and screen saver tabs in desktop properties.  To do this, check this registry hive
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System
and change all the keys to 0.  This will display the tabs.  Then go to display properties, desktop tab, and find the current background.  It is typically a long filename that does not make sense.  Once you get the file name, open task manager and kill that process.  Then search for that file (usually in c:\windows\system32) and delete it.  Run Spybot and that will finish cleaning up the problem.

    Sincerely,
     Tim Williams