From:
Don Penlington <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 16 Aug 2008 16:49:32 +1000
Em wrote:
>I have no sound. I have
>searched for the problem all over in many places>>

Hard to say without knowing exactly what you've already done.

Just to cover the basics, (it's easy to overlook the obvious) first open
Control Panel/sounds and carefully check all the options. Make sure Mute is
off. If there's nothing in Control Panel, probably sound has not been
installed or enabled.

2nd step is to reboot and go into BIOS (hold down Delete on most computers)
and check in the bios settings that on-board sound is enabled. If that
option is missing, your mobo sound drivers have not been installed.

I came across a computer a while back where Realtek AC97 sound was a real
problem--nothing we did and no drivers we downloaded seemed to work. In the
end, we bought an old soundcard on Ebay for $5 and installed that. A much
easier solution in the end.

Don Penlington

                 our special coffee mugs and mouse pads