From:
Robert Fernando <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 7 Dec 2007 19:17:10 -0000
Hi all,

Very strange problem with abit bh6 v1.2 motherboard 7 years old.

Machine randomly reboots under win 2k service pack 4 and latest hot fixes.  Zone alarm 4 + avast antivirus are installed. no blue screen of death msg.

There is  no indication of the machine being infected with a virus.

Large hardidsk >137Gb support is enabled in win2k

Could this cause be the cause of my random reboots ? I think not as I was unable to boot linux from a knoppix boot cd. Knoppix started up and half way through is boot the PC rebooted it's self.

However running under win2k memtest.exe with a low a mount of ram to test keeps the PC running for ever. no random reboots.

What is likely to be wrong with the motherboard. or should I suspect the psu.

thanks
Robert Fernando

                     support at our newest website:
                          http://freepctech.com