From:
Robert Kesterson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 10 Sep 2009 11:10:53 -0500
On Thu, 10 Sep 2009 10:56:18 -0500, Day, Wally <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Folks, is there something wrong with this listserv? ...
> Anyone else having this problem?

I haven't noticed anything out of the ordinary.

> Here's an example of what Todd's last post looked like:
>
> SSBkb24ndCByZWNvbW1lbmQgdGhlIFBhbGVvbnUgc2l0ZSBiZWNhdXNlIEkgdGhpbmsgaXQncyB0
> aGUgbGFzdCB3b3JkIG9uIG51dHJpdGlvbi4gSSByZWNvbW1lbmQgaXQgYmVjYXVzZSBLdXJ0IEhh
> cnJpcyBrZWVwcyB0aGUgbGV2ZWwgb2YgZGlzY3Vzc2lvbiBwcmV0dHkgaGlnaCwgYW5kIGV2aWRl
> bmNlLWJhc2VkLiBBcmd1bWVudHMgYWdhaW5zdCBkYWlyeSB3b3VsZG4ndCBiZSBvZmYtbGltaXRz

Now you're onto something.  That's base-64 encoded text.  Your mail reader
should automatically be decoding that into plain text so you can read it.
I'm using Opera as my mail client, and it shows the text like a normal
message --but if I tell it to show me the raw message and headers, then I
see the base-64 block like you posted above.  Maybe there's a setting
turned off someplace in your mail client?

--
   Robert Kesterson