From:
Brenda Young <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 6 Jan 2009 02:53:05 -0800
I couldn't agree more, Wally, although I know I have been guilty of that, too, especially when I was using that crappy old computer that I have since kicked to the curb!!  I was lucky if I could actually reply to a post, let alone clean it up!  But anyway, YES, that was part of the problem/misunderstanding with my little faux pas in the recent past, sigh.  I misunderstood who had said what, as if what I had done wasn't embarrassing enough.  (Sorry, Marilyn and Steve!!  Ron let me know (privately, bless his heart) in a very nice way that I had responded wrongly to the wrong people!)

And to the people who said, and I quote loosely, "Enough is enough, drop it", I agree.  To a point.  However, I don't feel like it's "off-topic" to make an apology to people whom I have respected for a long time and have a somewhat personal relationship with and do not wish to disrespect, and I also feel like it's not off-topic for them to EXPECT that from me.  When common human decency becomes off-topic, then maybe it's time to re-think "off-topic".  I don't think anyone here is going to be deterred from the original intention of this list by a bit of "off-topic" human interaction, and if you are, maybe you should re-think some things.  And, of course, there's always the Delete button.
Love,
Bren

Perhaps some of the bickering and misunderstandings would go away if everyone
would quit hitting reply and copying entire threads into each post.

Here's a suggestion - your reply should be longer than whatever text
passage you are quoting. If you quote a message that already quotes a prior
message (which quotes something else, which quotes something else, ad naseum);
clean up old text that is no longer relevant.

Thanks for your support