CEL-KIDS Archives

CEL-KIDS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Heather Sutton <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 3 Jul 2003 14:27:58 EDT

Hi again.
I need input from parents of celiac kids.
Taking our 1 year old off wheat improved her almost overnight. She has gained
back a pound faster than she lost it. Her stools look more "normal." She is
sleeping the night thru. Her dark eyes have brightened and her energy levels
have improved DRASTICALLY.
We tested her sisters.  On all three of the older girls the quantitative IgA
came back positive, but the trans-gluten cam back negative. Because the two
middle girls have been diagnosed with irritable bowel syndrome, lactose and
fructose intolerance, the physician's assistant has diagnosed them as celiac. They
are now on a gluten free diet.
My oldest daughter however presents no symptoms other than severe
constipation. My ex-husband refuses to attempt a gluten-free diet. Why I have no clue.
Doesn't a positive IgA indicate SOMETHING wrong, even if not celiac disease?
I really need input.   I feel that this diet needs to be undertaken if only
for a trial period of time to see if there are any changes that could be seen
as positive. Thank you

Heather in Cheyenne, Wy.

helpmate to Gregg, Mommom to Jeannette, Maureen, HannahClaire, Trystan, 13 in
Heaven and step-Mom to April
http://www.geocities.com/mommombug/index.html

* Support summarization of posts, reply to the SENDER not the CEL-KIDS List *