C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Allan Olive <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 20 Mar 2009 16:37:45 -0400
Daniel does get therapy in school every day and once a week at a local place.

You asked if there other things which may add to her frustration.

Daniel has three other brothers, two older and one younger, from ages 17 to
2.  My wife still wants to have more kids.  I know she wants a girl.  But I told
her that I was through, that four was enough and we have our hands full
now.  So last week she got her tubes tied, so no more kids.

Honestly, Daniel is part of the reason I don't want any more kids.  Our hands
are full taking care of him.  It's like having an infant who needs full time
attention and care.  She knows that was part of my decision and maybe she
is taking that out on him.

Sorry for all the detail, but it does play a part in what we are dealing with.

This is just really uncharacteristic of her.  She is such a loving and caring
person and has always treated the kids well.  She is still her normal self with
all of the other kids, it's just Daniel that she is venting on.

Thanks