From:
Danny Dyer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 9 May 2009 10:48:52 -0400
Hey That's Very Good news!  When did you talk with them?  There were
rumblings about a new offering from them either last year or the year
before, but nothing positive then.  I'll tell you, that the little ht750,
also known as the THP HT750,  has one of the best receivers on the bands it
does cover, of anything I've ever played with, and although it's
synthecized, the battery draw on that radio is much less than on the 817,
703, or any other portable SSB-CW rig I'm familiar with.
THP is certainly a class act in terms of customer support, offering to fix a
problem with a switch/actually pushbutton in mine,  for free/service and
shipping back to me, if I shipped the radio to them.  I'd Emailed customer
support and got an email from the president of the company no less.
a blind person with a HT750,  would have to use some kind of MCount or other
freq read out with them to know exactly where you were on the band, but
otherwise, with their beeps  they were pretty useable, high quality,
radios,  and I for one would welcome another offering from them.