From:
Richard Fiorello <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 28 Mar 2009 15:24:13 -0400
Hello;
I don't want to start a great debate but I listened to some ts2000 tutorials via handihams a few months ago and had two remaining questions.
First of all the layout description talked about the "16 button key pad".  When they went through it in more detail it sounded like a 12 rather than 16 button key pad with each key having two functions as was generally the case with the ts570.  I sent a request for some info about the other four keys to the guy that put together the mp3 but never got a reply.  Briefly is this a 12 or 16 button keypad or something in between?  True, this would make infinitely more sense if the radio were in front of me.

Secondly, we have the standard pl259 connector for 2 meters and an n connector for 440.  If I'm going to use a dual band antenna can the menus be set to use the pl259 for both uhf and vhf?
Apologies for the basic questions.
Richard