From:
Shaun Oliver <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 6 Mar 2009 15:02:19 +1100
hey there.
I've come across an interesting idea.
one of the radio clubs over here sells antennas in kit form. one of
these antennas uses a 12:1 unun to enable one to have a relatively low
VSWR across most of the hf band without the aid of a tuner. incidentally
this includes, vks737 frequencies, cb and marine frequencies and a
couple of others, as well as all the hf ham bands. I didn't mension 160
meters as that's classed as MF.
anyway, have any of you come across any good unun designs? if so, I'd
love to hear about them.
the one I'm looking at at the moment utilises two pieces of copper
tubing, 6 toroids, and a secondary choke wound through the copper tubing.
thanks in advance.

--
Shaun,
vk2fese,

"Cry 'havoc!' and let slip the dogs of war"

web sites:
http://www.myspace.com/blindmanshaunoliver
http://blindman.homelinux.org/~blindman/
skype: brailledude