From:
Harvey Heagy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 29 Jan 2009 00:16:16 -0600
Phil, I am very glad they found out what was wrong and that you are on your
way back.

Believe me, I know from firsthand experience how important it is to have an
advocate on your side and how woefully ignorant the medical profession is
about the capability of blind people.  And what's worse in a lot of cases is
that they don't want to know about it.  After my accident on February 5th of
2008 which was followed by 8 weeks of in patient care, I saw how important
it was to have a hard head and to have a big mouth.  You really need to
stand your ground at times.  Of course there are times when you should
listen to the medical personnel, but there are also times when you must
trust your own instincts.  If I had trusted mine more, I would have never
ended up in a skilled nursing facility which I promptly left after 6 days
and would have left sooner if I could have.  That facility could have better
been described as an unskilled hell hole which was only in the business for
the insurance money.  Good luck, and may God be with you.  I will pray for
you.
Harvey