From:
Bill Deatherage <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 20 Jan 2009 09:36:21 -0500
Hello to all,
I was watching the news this morning and I was thinking about the technology that is being used to cary the events.  My father was born in 1915 I was thinking about how far we have came since then.  You think the only way people new of important news events was through the news paper.  Then came radio.  I am sure those people at that time was just as amazed to think they could hear peoples voices instead of just reading about it.  Now we have sceen the time when satellites can cary news events all over the world the same day.  We who are visually impaired or blind can now access the technology that we take for granid.  I remember the days when I was a child and personal computers and speach recognition was only a dream waiting to come.  does any one remember those caculaters with speach that first came out.  They were not small like to todays standards and as I remember they cost about 500 dollars.
have a good day. 73's
Bill