From:
Jimmy Podsim <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jimmy Podsim <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 7 Dec 2008 20:04:33 -0600
Yeah I find it very sad where hams have been a major help in many different
things but never get any credit for it.We have a local TV station here that
credits hams during bad weather events.  On any of the stations owned by
Victoria Television Group,

http://www.myvictoriaonline.com

Will have something on the little scroll at the bottom saying things like
Local hams report a funnel cloud at such and such place and similar things.
Of course they aren't a major market TV station, but it's nice that they do
that.  I have a video that was aired over KAVU 25 in Victoria where they
interviewed our local ham club for sky warn week.  It was a cool thing to do
that.

We have even had them out on field day 4 years running doing a report on ham
radio.  To bad bigger stations don't take the same interest.

... 73 ... KD5QHH ...  Jimmy ...
http://www.podsim.us
MSN or windows live... [log in to unmask]
Skype, jimmy.podsim ... please note the period between the names.
Have a great day!