From:
John Miller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 6 Dec 2008 19:02:04 -0500
I made about 20 contacts, about 15 NWS stations, and a few other contacts.
40 seemed to me to be very flakey, what was there was there but it kept
going away, I think it was only the dream setups that were doing anything
and on 20, I wasn't hearing much state side, mostly Europe though I did work
a couple NWS stations on there, 2 of them I also worked on 40 though which
suggests to me that it was their position and setup as much as anything
else. I don't think the bands were very good at all, if I stayed on a
frequency, stations were up and down, it was hard if you didn't make the
contact right away. I had fun though.