From:
Danny Dyer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 25 Nov 2008 17:30:44 -0500
    Hi All, Concerning the Magic Jack,  as I understand it,
There's No Set Up Charge.
You pay slightly less than forty dollars  and that gets you the magicjack
box, _Along With The First Whole Year Of Service,Which includes a number in
your area code(/I don't think they've got it set up yet to where you can
keep your existing number,)
And that first year of service is for no additional charge, no matter how
many calls you make to where, and no matter how many calls you get from
where.  And I Also Understand that if you take your laptop with the magic
jack box to a foreign country, your calls back to the states and at least
Canada, Are Also Free/included in that one time <Thanforty$s
The Unit of course belongs to you.
I'm not sure about set up software.  There may be a disk that comes with the
MagicJack, but It's more likely that the little M J, which plugs into a U S
B port on a computer, has software that'll lead you to ,

follow the prompts to
set it up.---I know nothing about the level of blind friendliness or
unfriendliness involved here---but that remains to be seen.

     Now then, after the first year,
Then Each succeeding year you pay slightly less than 20 dollars per year for
the same unlimited service, which includes caller ID, call waiting,
directory assistance,/although I _don't know about Free Dirrectory
Assistance....there's always,
1-800Free411,
1-800Call411,
As Well As 1-800Goog411, _All Of Which Are_ Free.)
Not Only That, But there's Even More  stuff/services,  included in the Magic
Jack Yearly Price.

I've heard a good bit about this little box, and its' service.  I'm not on
board yet, but am _Very Seriously Considering It.

(I Know that One of the best consumer help advokets,/IMHO,  Clark Howard, at
clark howard dot com,/spelling may vary,  but you can go to  W S B Radio Dot
Com, if you can't find the link anywhere else.)
Anyway, Clark
has used the service for a couple of years, is increjulessas to how they can
do all they do for as little as they charge, doesn't have them as sponsors,
(not sure how much if any advertising magicjack does, but the word is sure
getting out about them.
Sure you keep a computer on 24-7 to run it all the time, and you might do
well to pick up a cheap used desk top that you dedicate to its' use, but for
LD service for less than 20bucks for a whole year? Maybe Worth The Test?
Anyway, HTH, Danny Dyer, Wb4idu, not connected in any way with Magic Jack,
but will probably be soon..