THYROID Archives

Thyroid Discussion Group

THYROID@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Holly Jagger <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 8 Apr 2005 23:24:57 -0400
Listers,
At age 49, my gyn has recommended that I reduce HRT again, from current 1/2
CombiPatch to 1/4.  It is my fourth week, and for two weeks no symptoms.
Then It Hit.  Hot flashes is a mild term for the symptoms I had!  Night
sweats, etc.  were extremely intense.  Then halfway through the third week,
for two whole days I ached horribly.  Head-to-toe.  Could not even get out
of bed til after 1:30 pm!!  very unlike me, luckily I was on a week off from
teaching school.  By the third morning, it struck me that these were
hypothyroid symptoms.  I am of the mind that the estrogen drop could have
affected my thyroid levels.

Finally got to lab for bloodwork a day later, and have been somewhat better
anyway ever since.  Something caused those symptoms, though.  Results not in
yet; but I would like to know if anyone has information on thyroid and
estrogen/progesterone levels.

Thanks
Holly