THYROID Archives

Thyroid Discussion Group

THYROID@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Jan Aplin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 25 Mar 2003 22:48:35 EST
Thank God that part is over.  The doctors and nurses were phenominal.  I went
in like a little baby and they calmed me right down.  They actually gave me
novacaine and this made the whole procedure virtually painless. The Dr. had
to get three samples. The facility is also magnificient.  It is part of the
hospital for cancer patients and all out patient surgeries.  You walk in and
there is a huge staircase besides a grand piano that is being played. The
waiting room is very large overlooking a fountain filled pond. The room where
I had the biopsy was decorated nicely and they had dimmer lights instead of
the usual florescent ones. They drapped my face so that I could not see what
htey were doing.  It was fairly dark, but the Dr. obviously had a spotlight
on what he was doing. He and the nurse used the ultrasound to penetrate the
tumor. Now I have to wait for the results. I will not hear until April 4.  I
will post the results. My neck now hurts sine the novacaine wore off and it
looks like I have a big hickey!  I think that I am going to play with that
one for a while and get some people going.

Thanks to all of you that emailed me.  You really made me feel like I had
some support from people that know what it is really like.

Wannie

  Control Your Self-Serve Thyroid Account Here
Rules - mailto:[log in to unmask]
NoMail - mailto:[log in to unmask]
Mail - mailto:[log in to unmask]
Not DAILY DIGEST - mailto:[log in to unmask]
DAILY DIGEST - mailto:[log in to unmask]
Stop Attachments - mailto:[log in to unmask]
Force Attachments - mailto:[log in to unmask]
Force Subject: [THYROID] - mailto:[log in to unmask]
Subscribe - <http://maelstrom.stjohns.edu/CGI/wa.exe?SUBED1=thyroid>
Unsubscribe - mailto:[log in to unmask]
Thyroid Archives - http://maelstrom.stjohns.edu/archives/thyroid.html
Contact List Owners - mailto:[log in to unmask]