THYROID Archives

Thyroid Discussion Group

THYROID@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Tue, 14 Jan 2003 08:07:18 -0800
Hello, I am a new member. Since my hysterectomy 4
years ago, my bowels have become increasingly
constipated. For a few years we played with hormones,
then I gave up with that avenue. I had a flex. sig.
and virtual colonoscopy to see if there were any
obstructions. A candida overgrowth was suggested so I
went on a low-sugar and low carb diet, even though my
diet had been extremely healthful before and after the
hysterectomy. One doctor had me check my body temps,
upon arising and during the day. They were very low,
96.2 on arising and 97's during the day. And never up
to 98.6, even after strenuous exercise in the
summerheat. All thyroid bloodwork and an ultrasound
came back normal. I have plenty of energy, probably
because of my healthy diet, so pills have not been
prescribed. An alternative healthcare practitioner a
while back suggested Gugglebolic, made from the herb
Guggle. I have not tried it and canot find much
information on it. Where I live in ne Tennessee I find
the doctors extremely overworked and will prescribe
something if I tell them what I want. Oh my!! I am
rather tired of this guessing game and could use some
alternative suggestions, perhaps a supplement. All the
doctors say is "How do you feel?" and if the answer if
So So, they will guess at another medecine. I can do
that myself.
  Thanks.

Nancy