From:
Lin Goldkrantz <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Lin Goldkrantz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 10 Dec 2008 09:26:47 -0500

Here's what I got back so far:

Diet Power....a fee-based program available only on PC's

and Spark People...which turns out to be the one I liked 8 years ago, but couldn't find.

Someone also just recommend the following website www.transformation.com for support.

I recall signing up at Denise Austin's website a few years ago, and liked that, too.

And someone recommended Atkins and South Beach, but I pretty much eat like that, and I'm trying to avoid high glycemic foods.

I keep the log more to prove to myself and doctors that I am eating right.

And to the question I got from someone, on any of these calorie counters, if the foods you're eating are not in their data base, you do need to type in the nutritional information yourself. For example, if you're eating Bob's Red Mill gf oatmeal, you can't just accept the values for the brand most likely to be in their database (Quaker), unless you take the time to match it up. There are differences in free sites, too, with regard to validity and accuracy. In one of them (not the ones above), eggs, without delineating of being small, med., lg, or omega 3, came up three times, at three different calorie counts, and all were more than the calorie listed on my cage-free, omega 3 eggs container. So be aware.

Well, good luck folks.

Lin