ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Chris & Doris <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 11 Nov 2008 02:51:33 -0500
Maybe this is of interst to some:

With the E-Sword BBible program having come up in discussion here
recently, I thought this might be of interst to some.

A friend of mine has started an email list for blind users of
e-sword. This is separate from and independent of the E-Sword
accessibility list run somewhere else.

If intersted, you can send an email to

E-Sword is a free and resource-rich Bible software package for
windows 9x and up. It can also run on linux with wine installed. Not
sure if this  latter configuration is accessible though.

E-Sword and its add-on modules can be downloaded from

www.e-sword.net

E-Sword is fairly accessible when configured correctly. i have bene
using it for the last several years. I am a jaws user and have tried
a set of jaws scripts for it but found those too verbose in some
areas but lacking in those that I would have liked to see script
functionality added. Even without any scripts, though, E-Sword is
very usable with speech though it requires use of the mouse emulation
in a few places.

God Bless,

Doris