IRIS Archives

Information and Referral and Internet Sightings

IRIS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Sylvia Caras <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sun, 31 Jul 2011 16:00:52 -0700
 From Adrian:

http://goo.gl/yy5TB

"It wasn't till I got here that I understood why I was so unhappy,
why I was so miserable," Marshall said. "But understanding is merely
the beginning of the journey."

Marshall underwent three types of treatment. He met on a daily basis
with clinicians and fellow BPD patients for at least four hours a day
learning how to properly process his emotions. He's discovering
things like mindfulness, radical acceptance, distress tolerance,
which comes naturally to most, but doesn't to someone suffering from BPD.

"Anytime there's conflict it's a challenge," Marshall said. "What I'm
feeling or trying to get across is right, but I'm reacting wrong. My
actions or what I'm saying is not effective or productive and it
makes the situation worse."

http://goo.gl/9dHt3