VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
David Andrews <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
David Andrews <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 12 Aug 2008 19:48:29 -0500
This may not be a good idea.  Converting from one codec to another
can introduce transcoding errors, that is various digital artifacts
or distortions can be introduced as you go from one codec to
another.  You have to remember that mp3, wma etc. all are audio files
with stuff removed.  The more you remove, the more you process, the
more digital it will sound.

Dave