From:
Paleo Phil <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 27 Apr 2009 22:03:30 -0400
On Tue, 28 Apr 2009 00:58:29 +0000, Trish Leon <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> ... She asked if I include grains,  and the like in every meal. Horrified,
I told her that I absolutely did not, and that it was because of the paleo
woe my blood levels are so much better today than a year ago. I told her I
include fatty meats, organ meats, meats and what ever foods could be
gathered and eaten without needing to be cooked. She looked at me like I was
crazy. But I felt good and a little vindicated.

Congrats! I do a finger-prick blood test once a year to check my progress.
There are standard questions on it asking if I eat plenty of whole grains
and low fat dairy. Every year I say no and every year the computer spits out
that I need to work on those areas. All of my other inputs, such as my
actual numbers, generate hearts (meaning "excellent"). I told the test
takers that I'm gluten and dairy intolerant--which I am--mainly so that
would go in the record so they wouldn't keep recommending the grains and
dairy to me every year. I don't tell them what I do eat because I don't want
to give them a heart attack. :-)