Date:
Fri, 20 Jun 2008 23:04:56 -0600
[log in to unmask] wrote:
> Steve > The only thing I want from paleo is the health benefits that can
> be
>
>> derived therefrom and only if they cannot better be obtained elsewhere.
>> Supplements/drugs offer advantageous above and beyond diet alone, so I'm
>> not going to take, shall we say, a fundamentalist religious position on
>> paleo which would exclude any sort of benefits to be derived from
>> anything non-paleo.
>>

> Well said.
>
> Look, I am not trying to stop you from doing whatever you damn well
> please with your body -- including in my opinion the use of any drug,
> legal or not.  I am merely stating that our ability to discern what is
> and isn't good for us is severely limited and every five minutes we
> disover that what we thought was the best dietary advice turns out to be
> folly.  Best in my opinion to stick with paleo foods only -- you will
> not go wrong there.  You disagree and want to expand your horizons, so
> be it.
>
> Jim

The best I can do Jim is live in the current moment using the best
knowledge I have access too and the time and resources to acquire.  For
me it's like traveling.  From my perspective, one cannot follow a path
that with certainty goes strait from point A to point B, dull however it
might be, but must adjust to the terrain and obstacles that are
encountered, a process that is the essence of what makes life enjoyable,
challenge, discovery, and new vistas to experience.  I don't seen any
certainty in a paleo diet, I still have to live life moment to moment.

A paleo diet won't improve my vision, I use glasses for that.  A paleo
diet won't stop me from producing less vitamin D as I age.  A paleo diet
won't fight chicken pox. The list goes on an on.

I know two things for sure, eating a perfectly paleo diet will
ultimately kill me no matter how strict I am, and life can be extended
beyond the randomness of nature's survival of the fittest choices.  I
want any benefits to be derived from both and I must travel that path
day by day.

Steve