Date:
Fri, 20 Jun 2008 22:52:13 -0600
Kathryn Rosenthal wrote:
> [...]

Interesting.  The Rapunzel cocoa I had was dutch processed, I thought.
Currently I use a fair trade raw organic cocoa product as well;

Navitas Naturals Raw Chocolate Powder, Organic,16-Ounce Pouch
http://www.amazon.com/Navitas-Naturals-Chocolate-Organic-16-Ounce/dp/B000P24HJ8/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=grocery&qid=1214022913&sr=8-1

I went looking on Amazon.com where I originally purchased it and while
they say the product I found from my search is currently not available,
it appears to be the same stuff I previously bought.  I still have the
box in which the six containers were packed, but it has no details on
ingredients.  I do recall seeing the dutch process as an issue after I
had made my purchase, but now I'm think the Navitas might have been a
lot cheaper and they do advertise on their web site, or at least they
did, the fair trade angle.

Rapunzel 100% Organic Cocoa Powder, 7.1-Ounce Canisters
http://www.amazon.com/Rapunzel-Organic-Powder-7-1-Ounce-Canisters/dp/B000E3FKXA/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=grocery&qid=1214022988&sr=1-1

In reviewing the differences between the two products, I think the
deciding issue might have finally been price with the Rapunzel being
about 20% more in cost per oz for a case of six 7.1 oz Rapunzel ($42 for
42oz) verses two 16 oz Navitias ($27 for 32oz).  They both tasted good.
I regret that I never did a taste test between the two.  I been
consuming these products for about two years.

It seems clear that I was wrong about the Rapunzel I used.

Steve