From:
Marilyn Harris <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 18 Mar 2007 09:52:15 -0400
> Hi, Marilyn.  The Berkefeld water system DOES take out fluoride if you
> order the upgraded filter; I had a telcon w/ their rep in Colorado this
> week.

Hi Kathryn:

Excellent and good to know that it does take out fluoride. I hope you update
us here on the list about your water system when you get it for taste,
costs, convenience etc... I'm currently using a Brita faucet system. It's
very convenient and the water tastes fine, but does not take out fluoride.

> Re. fluoride in tea:  it is either eliminated or significantly reduced in
> organic tea.
>
> BTW, I grew up in Grand Rapids, MI when the city was the "test" city for
> fluoride.  Ha.  My brothers, friends & I all ended up w/ a mouth full of
> cavities.  One friend, who later moved to Toronto, has studied the
> negative effects of ingesting fluoride for years and is published on the
> subject. She travels and presents her findings on radio and TV programs.
>
> I agree w/ the list poster who said that he felt it unnecessary to add
> fluoride to water sytems.

I would rather not have it in my water personally either, but I had wondered
if it was that harmful since it is used/needed by the body?

Marilyn