C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Tamar Raine <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 29 Dec 2009 13:29:49 -0800
I have posted many times on feldenkrais. it is a gentle-touch by the teacher, or group class where you get verbal instructions of gentle exercises that retrain your brain, through mind-body connections.  For instance, my walking improved dramatically after my teacher helped uncurl my feet and toes. Makes sense. Try walking when your toes are curled in spasm. Another area has been my speech. If one's body is jerking all over when you talk, then your speech won't be very clear.  of course the abuse from my mom has made me have almost no self confidence when I talk in public, so that part is something I know holds me back.

Thanks,
Tamar

Tamar Mag Raine

To see my newest articles: