C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Date:
Thu, 20 Nov 2008 10:59:56 -0700
IMHO, a 400 mile battery would be especially useful for those of us in the
west.  I've got a meeting in the morning in a town 100 miles away, then I
get to turn around and come back and go to a doctors appointment in a town
50 miles the other direction (a minimum of 300 miles, plus a little in town
driving).  As things are set up now, I wouldn't be able to recharge in the
time I've got, and there's no reliable place to plug in anyway.  There are
no accessible busses that cover all the places I need to go.

In the short run, a bailout is needed, but as Mike said, make any funds
contingent on developing more fuel efficient or electric vehicles.  The
current proposal to take the funding from what Detroit's getting to develop
more fuel efficient or environmentally friendly (or both) vehicles is a bad
idea.  If this is done, when the current economic crisis is resolved, we'll
be back where we started.  In order to get an accessible bus to go where I
need to tommorrow, I'd need to charter, and it'd cost a minimum of a dollar
a mile, and would be less fuel efficient than my van.

--

Kendall

depends on the unreasonable man.

-George Bernard Shaw 1856-1950