From:
Jim Kelleher <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jim Kelleher <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 13 Oct 2008 12:22:24 -0400

Being both a celiac AND a vegetarian can be challenging, especially when
you entertain as part of your job. I am fortunate to be officed right
down the street from Ina's Kitchen in Chicago. Ina's Kitchen is a
Chicago institution. Owner Ina Pinckney has been a cutting edge
restaurateur in my town for many years. Chef Seana Monahan is especially
sensitive to diners with food allergies and always has several gluten
free options on her menus and even holds monthly gluten free fried
chicken dinner nights. You have no idea how hard it is to find good
vegetarian gluten free soups, but that is never a problem at Ina's.
Often I am greeted with two gratis warm pan de bondo gluten free rolls
when I sit down. The wait staff is both cordial, knowledgeable, and
efficient. Nuff said? Ina's is located at 1235 West Randolph Street in
Chicago's west of the loop area and their phone is 312-226-8227. I have
no financial interest in this establishment. I consider it a safe port
for celiacs in a country plagued by a myriad of unhealthy food choices.