ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Phil Scovell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 20 Jun 2009 22:22:58 -0600
So, late last night, I was listening to a movie I had transferred to my
victor Stream Reader.  That way, I can carry the unit around, bookmark my
place, and return to that part of the Description Video Service DVS movie
any time I like.  By the way,

www.BlindMiceMart.com

has well over 600 DVS movies you can download the audio for free.  So I have
a couple of gigabyte movies I have downloaded in recent days, copied to my
Victor, and been listening to for something different to do.

anyhow, as I was saying, late last night, I was trying to finish this movie
I had started.  It was shortly after midnight.  Sandy had just gone to bed.
I had some fingernails the need trimming so I got up and went to the other
side of my 2-room office and got my clippers.  Men don't file their nails,
real men, I mean, hahahaha.  Anyhow, I was listening to the movie, the
Victor on my lap, and clipping my fingernails, and when I finished, I fell
asleep so quickly, I didn't realize it until about 1:45 when I awakened.
Realizing I wasn't in bed, I got up from my rocking chair recliner in the
other room of my office, and my Victor Stream Reader unit fell on the floor.
No, I didn't break it, thank the Lord, but I had forgotten about my
fingernail clippers which also fell on the floor.  These clippers have a
sentimental value because I got them at least 30 years ago and I was telling
Sandy today, I actually think I got them when I was a teenager so they could
very well be much older, like 40 plus years older.

Saturday, coming out to my office, I remembered I had not returned the
clippers to my desk door.  I got down on my knees in my smaller second
office room where all my recording equipment is, plus my TV and ham radio
equipment on shelves next to my rocking chair recliner, and felt all over
the area of the floor.  I looked closer around the 4 legs of my foot stool
which I made when I was 12 years old at the school for the blind because I
was pretty sure the clippers would fall in that area.  Nothing!  I couldn't
find them and felt again and especially around and under the home made
footstool.  Still nothing.  I sat in the rocking chair and a few minutes
later, got down on my knees once again and felt around on the carpet.
Nothing.  It is hard getting up because my legs have not returned to their
normal strength since my spinal surgery so I don't like staying on my knees
for very long because not only do my knees start hurting, but my legs become
weaker and it becomes harder to get myself back up to a standing position.
This time, as I felt for about the fourth time, I prayed and said, as I
normally do but had forgotten this time, "Holy Spirit?  You know exactly
where these clippers are and you've never let me down before.  I call upon
you to lead me directly to those clippers and if they aren't where I am
looking, I call upon an angel of God to move them into a place where I can
find them."  Finishing my short prayer, I moved my left hand to feel by one
of the footstool legs, where I had felt three times before, and my fingers
touched the clippers immediately within 2 seconds of finishing my prayer.
The clippers were literally not there in that exact spot three times before.
I have had this happen so many times over the last 25 years after being
filled with the Holy Spirit, you'd think I'd start praying first but I
normally look for awhile before I remember to pray.  Thank you Jesus.

Phil.