Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Thu, 13 Apr 1995 20:33:18 -0400
From:
Don Wiss <[log in to unmask]>

Here are some things snipped from the logs:

From Don Wiss:

The University of Maryland at Baltimore, School of Medicine, Division of
Pediatric Gastroenterology and Nutrition will do these tests through the
mail. They offer a full battery of tests at varying prices. The serum
obtained from a blood sample must be processed according to their specific
instructions and sent by overnight carrier, on dry ice or in a refrigerated
package, to them.

The Antigliadin (IgA & IgG) and endomysium antibodies are $125 for the full
panel. They can bill some medical insurance companies.

For more information, including instructions, charts of the tests available,
and prices, the School of Medicine can be contacted at 410-706-1997 (fax:
410-706-0020).
______

From Bill Elkus:

In Los Angeles, many people use Specialty Labs (310) 828-6543.  I do not
have the professional knowledge necessary to recommend them over any other
lab.  The main reason I know about them is that my son's G/I uses them
exclusively for this test.

Dr. Betty Bernard and Elaine Monarch have negotiated a reduced fee for CDF
members of $75 for those who walk into the lab and pay in advance.  Specify
test code #1076 and CDF account identification code #36121.  If your doctor
draws the blood and ships it to Specialty, they charge $155 but then you have
the chance of getting insurance reimbursement.