ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Phil Scovell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 15 Mar 2010 12:22:31 -0600
There is a rule in congress which will allow the current bill not to be
voted on by voting on it.  You heard what I said.  It is called, being
Deemed law.  This means you are voting that it should become law some day
soon so you can go home and tell everybody, "Oh, no.  I never voted on the
law," which will be, in a manner of speaking, true, but on the other hand,
allows the president to sign it into law without anyone ever literally
voting on the law.  How's that sound?  Does that sound American to you?
Does it sound Constitutional?  The rule is one congress devised and was
rarely used.  In my lifetime, it has never been used, nor in yours, but it
might be used this week right under your nose.  No, this rule of congress is
not in the U S Constitution.  If it ever made it to the U S Supreme court,
it might be voted down but it will never go that far under current
conditions.

Phil.