ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Reeva Parry <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 16 Mar 2008 16:50:55 -0600
Top Ten Signs To Read Your Bible More

Luke 24:45.

"Then he opened their minds so they could understand the Scriptures." NIV.

Following are the TOP TEN SIGNS you may need to be reading your Bible
more often.

10. The Preacher announces the sermon is from Genesis, and you check
the table of contents for location.

9. You think Abraham, Isaac and Jacob had a string of hit songs
during the 60's.

8. You open to the Gospel of Luke, and a mature Savings Bond falls out.

7. When asked, you name your favorite Old Testament Patriarch as Hercules.

6. A small family of mice has taken up residence in the Psalms of your Bible.

5. You can't find Charlton Heston listed in the Concordance.

4. Catching the kids reading the Song of Solomon, you demand: "Who
gave you this stuff?"

3. You think the Minor Prophets lived in Asia Minor.

2. You fall for it when Pastor tells you to turn to the First Book of Hezekiah.

And the number one sign you may need to be reading your Bible more
often as compiled by Pastor Bill.:

1. The kids are asking too many questions about your favorite bedtime
story: "Jonah, the Shepherd Boy and an Ark of Many Colors all passing
through the Red Sea."

Prayer: Father help me to put time with You reading Your scriptures
at the top of my list. In the Name of the Lord Jesus Christ. Amen!