From:
Stephen Rider <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Stephen Rider <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 11 Dec 2008 13:18:57 -0800

Last month I stumbled across the website of a small bakery in the
Sacramento CA area,
Azna Gluten Free.

Since they were offering vegan GF baked goods (I'm vegan as well as
having celiac disease)
I was very much intrigued.

I ended up ordering a loaf of bread and some rolls.  The shipping
charges were exorbitant,
but I figured I'd get the items quickly.  This was on November 12, 2008.

On December 5th, 3 weeks after I had placed my order, and the day
after I sent them an
email asking why I had not yet received my order, someone from Azna
Gluten Free called
to see if I had ever received my order.  I had the distinct impression
that the person
calling had no idea if it had ever been shipped or not.

I patiently explained that I had not, and was assured it would be
baked on Monday Dec 8th
and shipped overnight (I paid nearly $30 for shipping!) so that I
would receive it Dec 9th.
No baked goods arrived on December 9th.

I decided to be patient and waited until Wednesday afternoon before I
called again during
business hours.  I got a voicemail system.  I left a message
explaining my disappointment
at still not having received my order after 4 full weeks had gone by.

Nobody returned my call.

This morning I did reach a person there and learned that the items I
had ordered, which
they were offering for sale on their website, still had not been
baked.  A comment was made
about none of one of these items I had ordered having been made in
over a month.  I felt
qualified to agree with that statement, I certainly had no evidence
that anything I had paid for
on November 12th had been baked yet.

I have asked for a refund and was told it would probably be issued
within the next few days.
I will certainly be paying attention to whether or not my payment is
refunded.

Azna Gluten Free is located in Cameron Park, California. That city is
in El Dorado County.
The El Dorado County District Attorney has a fraud complaint web form
available at this URL:
http://www.co.el-dorado.ca.us/eldoda/fraud.html

I have made a note of that URL in case another week goes by without
resolution of this matter.

This concludes my review of Azna Gluten Free.

Steve Rider
http://AllAboutCeliac.org/
http://SensibleCeliac.com/
http://TheGFStore.com/