Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Beverly Wahl <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 12 Aug 2008 11:25:01 -0500

Hi Listies,

Here is a summary of the responses I got from kind people about St. Augustine Florida.  We are very excited to be going and the school (Flagler College) is being VERY accomodating!  There is another girl who is a freshman this year who has celiac, so her mom and I have been helping the school make the transition easier.  They are going out of their way to make meals for our girls!  It surely relieves a mom's nerves at sending her child so far away knowing that she will be fed safely.  The best part is, they are not charging anything extra for the special food they are purchasing for the girls.

Aside from the Outback's and other chain restaurants, I know of at least two restaurants with GF menus in St Augustine.

The restaurant you refer to in your email is located 17 miles south of Downtown St. Augustine on A1A, just one mile north of Marineland. The restaurant is called Matanazas Innlet Restaurant. The owner, Joan/Joannie?, has CD and is very accommodating. Your daughter will be able to have pasta, bread and even fried calamari!

Beverly,
I remember you and your family coming to St. Augustine last spring.I guess your daughter has decided on Flagler college. The name of my restaurant is Matanzas Innlet and we are about 15 miles south of the Bridge of Lions on A1A and on the Matanzas inlet.I certainly hope you'll come and see us again when you are here. The telephone number is 904-461-6824 and please ask for Joni.
Joni Galasso
Matanzas Innlet Restaurant

p.s. We have eaten there before (last year when we were checking out the school) and Joni was great!  We called ahead (which you must do because she prepares everything at her house to make sure it is safe.  Her food is amazing!

Another good option, which is located in the historic district (closer to Flagler), is the Columbia House. It is a Spanish/Cuban restaurant and it offers a gluten free menu. I believe you can even go to their website to print off a copy.

columbia house has some gf items.  check their website and the kitchen also has a copy of the menu

The Columbia restaurant has a gluten free menu.  It is on Saint George Street in the heart of the historic district.  It is a Spanish - Cuban restaurant.  The mojitos are great and the 1905 salad is a must try.   p.s. They have an entire GF menu and I called them to make a reservation.  They are very accomodating.

There is also a health food store called Diana's in town and she can get anything you need.

I hope this helps.  I will try to write again after our trip to tell everyone how our experiece was.

Thanks to all who helped!
Beverly Wahl