Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Mon, 18 Feb 2008 15:14:35 -0600

21 February
Thursday 6:30 pm
Covenant Presbyterian Church, 211 Roleto Drive
Map
Our next meeting will be on Thursday, February 21, at 6:30 pm in the Parlor of Covenant Presbyterian Church, at 211 Roleto Drive. When you arrive at the church, enter through the door at the far right end of the building.

Marissa Schaeffer will be speaking to us about the details and mysteries of label reading. In the process of simplifying labels regarding the top eight allergens, there have been many interpretations of the best way to do this. Each company is following the FDA guidelines, but there doesn't seem to be much consistency about it. Bring your questions and samples of any labels that you feel are not quite clear or downright misleading.

We will not be having a meal this time, but we hope you feel like bringing along some tasty home made snacks that will encourage our newer members to realize there are many good gluten-free choices. Remember to bring a list of ingredients or the package ingredient information.

Marissa is a new member to Alamo Celiac and is a trained chef and pastry chef. She is presently establishing herself as a gluten-free chef in our community. She has developed a number of gluten-free breads and other baked goods that we can order in advance for delivery at the meeting. Call Marissa at 210-569-4453 or e-mail her to place your order from the list below. To ensure that she will have time to fill your order, the cut-off for submitting orders is Tuesday, 19 February, by 8 pm. Marissa will accept payment at the meeting for all items ordered for delivery there.

Yeast Breads

  a.. White Sandwich Loaf
  b.. Cheddar Cheese Bread
  c.. Cheddar and Green Chile Bread
  d.. Cinnamon Raisin Swirl Bread
  e.. Chocolate Cherry Bread
  f.. Little Sandwich Rolls (Gluten-free/ Casein-free/Egg free. 8 per pack)
Non-Yeast Breads and Cakes

  a.. Banana Nut Bread
  b.. Apple Streusel Coffee Cake (Gluten-free/Casein-free)
All breads/coffee cakes are $7 a loaf.

Cookies

  a.. Decorated Sugar Cookies ($4.50 each pack of 3 or 2 packs/$8)
Anne Barfield
Chair
Alamo Celiac San Antonio

*******