VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ray Campbell <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Ray Campbell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 8 Jan 2008 14:56:03 -0600
Hello All:

I'm trying to set up Speech Recognition in Vista.  The computer says the
microphone is set up, but when I go to speak the sentences on the screen
and press the next button,the computer says it doesn't hear anything.

One of the things it says to do is check that my microphone is not
muted.  There is no mute button on the headphone mic I'm using, so my
next step is to check the microphone configurations to see if it's muted
there.  This is where I'm running into a problem.  I can't find an
option like there used to be under sounds and audio devices in XP to
check or uncheck that the mic is muted.

Any help anyone can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Ray Campbell, Help Desk Technician
Adaptive Technology Center
Chicago Lighthouse for People Who Are Blind or Visually Impaired
1850 W. Roosevelt Road
Chicago, IL  60608
312-997-3651 (Voice/Relay) or
888-825-0080 (voice/Relay)