From:
Paleo Phil <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 13 Nov 2008 21:05:42 -0500
> > On Tue, 11 Nov 2008 07:18:41 -0600, Adrienne Smith <[log in to unmask]>
> > wrote:
> >> I find it impossible to control my portions of nuts -- I can
> >> easilyput down 8oz container of hazelnuts for example.

Hmmm, I've never experienced that unless the nuts were roasted and/or salted
or I added dried fruit. I find plain raw nuts to be one of the most filling
of all foods and not all that appealing without dried fruit added--except
for fairly fresh raw nuts still in their shell (but they cannot be eaten
quickly, as was pointed out).

Yeah, you got it. The standard regimens for type 2 diabetes are
disappointing and those for type 1 tend to be downright crazy. The basic
idea for type 2 is you can continue to eat many of your favorite foods as
long as you do so "in moderation." Even the respected Mayo Clinic is
basically onboard with this bogus conventional thinking:

"Type 2 diabetes: Healthy eating
http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/type-2-diabetes/DS00585/DSECTION=treatments
-and-drugs

"Contrary to popular perception, there's no diabetes diet. You won't be
restricted to a lifetime of boring, bland foods. Instead, you'll need plenty
of fruits, vegetables and whole grains - foods that are high in nutrition
and low in fat and calories - and fewer animal products and sweets. In fact,
it's the best eating plan for the entire family. Even sugary foods are OK
once in a while, as long as they're included in your meal plan."

Now, why is it that this "all foods are OK in moderation" and "even sugary
foods are OK once in a while" mantra keeps getting repeated endlessly from
many sectors of society? Could it have anything to do with the fact that if
diabetics eliminate or severely restrict sugar or wheat from the diet it
would greatly harm the sugar and wheat industries? And why does Mayo state
the blatant lie that "there's no diabetes diet," when Dr. Bernstein and
others have developed and published diabetes diets? Could it be they're
afraid that if type 2 diabetes patients eat healthy diets they won't need
drugs or any of their services any more?

The problem with "everything in moderation" is that very few people can eat
just a handful of potato chips or peanuts, and when you allow yourself to
eat a moderate amount of "everything" modern society offers, you end up
consuming a lot of junk food. Most people don't realize that even whole
grains are junk foods compared to what we are designed to eat.