C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Tamar Raine <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 23 Nov 2008 20:37:58 -0800
way to go carla. Does the jet tub open so you can walk into it?
hunting for a house in oakland that's accessible is a challenge, but i'm not giving up. i saw 2 yesterday that have possibilities. the question is will sect. 8 approve a place that needs the floors sanded, and bars on windows removed or replaced with bars that have a safety thing in case of emergency. other than that and the fact the walls are painted awful colors i loved it. big back yard, mostly cement, so i could get a few big planter boxes and grow flowers / vegies - small closets, but nice kitchen... there was also a condo that was the best size, huge living room, lots of closet space, washer n dryer, the drawback was the living room is quite dark, i could actually rotate my wheelchair in the kitchen.  the balcony is already cat-safe with netting.  With the house i'd have to make sure the back was escape proof, and keep them out of the front.  the front is actually far enough from the street that it's be a good area for a ramp without blocking
 my driveway! But I can't even think abt the house until my agent finds out what's in the garage. Sect. 8 will not let me have a mother-in-law quarters, and I understand that. anyhow i look forward to being able to get a puppy! if i get a condo, it'll need to be small, if i get that house, i'd love to get a mid-size no-more-than-30 lb dog (like my sweet sugar, who was part britany spaniel, and part border collie.

Mag

http://www.zazzle.com/TamarMag*
Tamar Mag Raine