VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
George Bell <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
George Bell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 15 Dec 2005 15:19:52 -0000
Hi Deborah,

In Word, go to Tools, Options, and then select the View tab.

Tab down the group of check boxes in a section called
"Formatting Marks".  There are six check boxes in that
section.  Uncheck them all.

All things being equal, if tinkerbell does it again, then
restarting Word will get rid of them.

And I wholeheartedly agree with your comments about the
list.

George.

List
Deborah Kendrick
> Sent: 15 December 2005 13:48
> To: [log in to unmask]
> Subject: [VICUG-L] Markers and an amen
>
> Hi all,
> First, for the sake of my sanity -- and I'm really serious

> here -- can someone tell me how to turn off the
announcement
> of space markers and paragraph markers in Jaws?  My
daughter
> used my computer last night (BIG mistake on my part!), and

> now I can type anything in Word and read it back with out
the
> announcement "space marker" after every single word, plus
an
> indicator in braille!  HELP!!!
>
> Second, I just want to echo Lynn's sentiments that to lose

> this list would/will be very saddening.  I, for one, only
> joined a year os two ago, and have been so pleasantly
> surprised at its low traffic, high content nature.
>
> Deborah

example
> www.https
>
> I couldn't have explained it any better
>
> I am going to miss this list if it goes the way of the
> internet bit bucket.
> You people are good.

online

> :
> : Hi Lisa and other Listers,
> :
> : Your right, the best way to know you are on a secure
site
> is by the security
> : warning that comes up when you click to enter.  Another
way
> to check is to
> : go to the address bar and see if the beginning of the
> address is: https
> : The "s" at the end indicates that socket layer security
> encryption is active
> : on the page.
> : Someone can correct me if the explanation isn't exactly
right.
> :
> : All the best,
> :
> : Lisa L
> :
> :
> : VICUG-L is the Visually Impaired Computer User Group
List.
> : To join or leave the list, send a message to
> : [log in to unmask]  In the body of the
> message, simply type
> : "subscribe vicug-l" or "unsubscribe vicug-l" without the
quotations.
> : VICUG-L is archived on the World Wide Web at
> : http://maelstrom.stjohns.edu/archives/vicug-l.html
> :
> :
> :
> : --
> : No virus found in this incoming message.
> : Checked by AVG Free Edition.
Release Date: