VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Sat, 18 Jan 2014 09:17:11 -0800
Dory,

By this point, you've probably figured out what buttons are on your
Brother mfc-j220 4-in-one, so this message may not be very helpful.

I don't have the 4-in-one you have. I've had two other Brother models.
In one case, the Copy, Fax, Print, and Scan buttons were arranged
vertically. I think Scan was second from the top. In the other, my
current device, Copy, Fax, and Scan are arranged horizontally below the
display, with Scan in the middle.

More importantly, when I use Open Book with it, I don't use the buttons
on the 4-in-one. I use the computer keyboard, either the spacebar or
(much less often) the ctrl+s keystroke. I think F4 still works to
scan/acquire, but I haven't used it in a long time.

Before I could use Open Book with my Brother MFC-7860DW, I had to
install the scanner drivers from the Brother website. I'm sure I have a
disc somewhere, so if you have yours, they're probably there. Anyway,
the website had several download options. The one I installed was the
first, which was something like Full Installation or Complete Set of
Drivers. The installation was straight-forward though I had to use the
Jaws cursor and the ins+numpad slash mouse click a couple of times to
move on to the next dialog. When I was done, I found a Brother Utility
icon on my desktop.

To acquire with the Brother, I choose it as my scanner. In Open Book, I
go into Advanced on the menu bar, press enter on the option for setting
the device, down-arrow to Scanner, then tab to the combo box that lists
my options. The Brother appears twice. I press enter on the option that
starts with Tw (e.g., TwBrother MFC-7860DW). After that, I choose my
work flow and make any other adjustments, like separating facing pages.
Finally, I put my document on the scanner and hit the spacebar.

Ciao

On 1/13/2014 6:34 AM, Doris Fisher wrote:
> My new printer is a combo printer, copier, scanner and fax, I think.
> It is a
> brothers mfc-j220.  It has several buttons but I have not had an
> opportunity to have them identified.  So, if anyone has this printer,
> could you please identify the buttons for me?  The printer button is
> marked but I do not know what the rest are.  I'd like to start with
> top left.
> Dory

Archived on the World Wide Web at
    Signoff: [log in to unmask]